• Follow Rebekah Anne on Facebook
  • Follow Rebekah Anne on Twitter
  • Follow Rebekah Anne by email
  • Follow Rebekah Anne on Bloglovin
  • Follow Rebekah Anne on Instagram
  • Follow Rebekah Anne on Pinterest
  • Follow Rebekah Anne on Google plus

Tuesday, September 18

Honesty

*DISCLAIMER: This may be incredibly boring and stupidly personal, but it was therapeutic for me; therefore, I'm going to go ahead and post it.


I'm about to get really real with all of you {sorry if it's a little too real}. I've been in a weird place lately. I got a great job last spring as many of you may know, but I had to work with someone who honestly crushed my spirits. Not only did this person hurt my feelings, but {I feel} punished me further by kicking me out of an organization that I truly loved. {Disclaimer: She may have not intentionally punished me or kicked me out, but it's how I feel.}

For the past few months I have had her voice running through my head telling me how inadequate I am. This has kept me from moving on and doing the things I love. I kept finding things about myself to hate, including the things she pointed out to me.

But, I'm done punishing myself, and I'm done listening to her.

Blogs are often a view into the best parts of a bloggers life. I've kept this part of my life hidden by not blogging. I love blogging, designing, writing, and so many other things. I'm done putting myself in a box that someone else built for me. I'm ready to come back and show you guys the happy parts of my life. 

2 comments:

katelupo said...

sorry to hear about this =( I've missed your cute outfit posts, hope to see more soon! Keep looking up!

Rachel Ashmore said...

I feel your pain. I've had a co-worker treat me the same way for years. It was unprovoked, confusing, and disheartening. I had to learn to do just what it sounds like you are beginning to do: not allow her negativity to have an impact. Stay confident, happy, and live your life in such a way that no one (including yourself!) would ever believe what she's saying about you. I sincerely hope things get better for you. Good luck!