• Follow Rebekah Anne on Facebook
  • Follow Rebekah Anne on Twitter
  • Follow Rebekah Anne by email
  • Follow Rebekah Anne on Bloglovin
  • Follow Rebekah Anne on Instagram
  • Follow Rebekah Anne on Pinterest
  • Follow Rebekah Anne on Google plus

Friday, July 11

Scenes from our 4th


I know I'm late with the 4th of July posting game, but I wanted to post a couple of pictures from our 4th anyway :) We had a laid back day that included the local parade (where all the adults were trying to get all the candy), the World Cup, Jason's perfectly smoked fall-off-the-bone ribs, corn-on-the-cob, painting nails with my sister-in-law and lots of fireworks (also a near-death experience or two).

Overall, it was a nice relaxing day spent with friends and family. The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love all the summery things that it represents. It's like the official kickoff of summer. You get to enjoy the best parts of summer all in one day: great food, fireworks, sprinklers or the pool, and laying out under the stars in your backyard. It's just so dreamy.

I'd like to thank the Founding Fathers for declaring our independence during the best time of the year, although they were probably melting in Philadelphia (I know because I was there last summer and it was hot!). Here are some fun facts about the Declaration of Independence, just in case you want to learn a bit. :) 

No comments: