• Follow Rebekah Anne on Facebook
  • Follow Rebekah Anne on Twitter
  • Follow Rebekah Anne by email
  • Follow Rebekah Anne on Bloglovin
  • Follow Rebekah Anne on Instagram
  • Follow Rebekah Anne on Pinterest
  • Follow Rebekah Anne on Google plus

Thursday, May 5

How to keep a big secret for 5 months


I don't know if a lot of you noticed my absence the last couple of months, but life has been kind of a whirlwind for me and it's kept me away from the blog. We got a new puppy in February and that was a big adjustment (how does he have so much energy?) I was also asked to help with the young women's program at my church and we have had a lot of family visiting lately, so I just haven't had time to sit down and write a lot. But, I'm here to give you a few tips on how I managed to keep my biggest life change a secret for so long (also, spoiler alert, I'm letting all of you in on my big secret!)

Go silent on social media for at least 3-4 months

I love social media but when I'm trying to keep things on the DL I stay away from posting anything. So, if you follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or anywhere else you probably saw that I've barely posted anything. I'm sorry and I'll try to get back in the posting game. 

Take a lot of naps

When you can't run around sharing big life news with people it's best to just stay home. While you're already home you might as well take a nap because, A. You need one and B. You can't tell people things if you're in a deep sleep on the couch while your toddler destroys your house. 

Tell yourself you'll tell people soon

I was convinced I wouldn't be keeping this secret for very long, but it turns out I needed a lot more time (and naps) before I had the energy to orchestrate a fun announcement. Trying to get excited about an announcement and planning it out helps take the edge off of not being able to shout your news from the roof tops. 

Pick a day to share your news

I love having something to look forward to and having a certain date in mind as to when I can finally tell everyone and anyone what's going on always helps me make it through the harder parts of secret keeping. 

Just share the dang news already!

Here's my final announcement for you! (If you read through the entire post before skipping the end you get a gold star and a brownie...although I won't be providing the brownie. Sorry!)

Please excuse my terrible video skills. I am not practiced at all and iMovie is harder than it looks!

No comments: